Monday, March 22, 2010

Prayer: Submissive

(Post 6 of 10 posts about prayer.)

"Your kingdom come. Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." - Jesus teaching how to pray in Matthew 6:10

Did you know that Jesus promised that we will always receive answers to our prayers if we pray rightly? The problem is that we're usually praying for our own will, ignoring His.

When you pray, imagine that you're standing before your Father, the King. You're pouring your heart out to your dad with love and respect, desiring His wisdom for your situation. Seeking His answer, which is best even if it's not what you thought you wanted.

For example, early in college I prayed for a girlfriend. God didn't give me one. Instead, He gave me two years of isolation with no friends whatsoever. During those two lonely years He drew me closer to Himself and prepared me to be a godly boyfriend. Then he blessed me with a godly girlfriend who is now my wife.

Pray to your Father, the King and submit to His will. Serve in His kingdom.

1. Prayer is secret.
2. Prayer is familiar.
3. Prayer is meaningful.
4. Prayer is submissive.

No comments:

Post a Comment